Last year’s Cupid Splash was originally scheduled to take place in February, but was postponed until April because there was simply too much snow and ice for us to get to the beach. As it turned out, the rescheduled Cupid Splash turned out to be an amazing success!So this year we’ve spoken with our partners, and they agree – we love our beaches all year long, so this year we will host our Cupid Splash on Saturday March 24th – when the air will be a little warmer…though the water will still be plenty cold!
This year are going to host 8 simultaneous splashes on beaches from Nahant to Nantasket, with South Boston as Center Stage.
- Lynn and Nahant – at the Ward Bathhouse
- Revere Beach – at the William G. Reinstein Bandstand
- Winthrop – Winthrop Beach at Dolphin Ave.
- East Boston – at Constitution Beach bathhouse
- South Boston – BCYF Curley Community Center at M Street
- Dorchester – at Malibu Beach
- Quincy – Wollaston Beach, across from the Beachcomber
- Hull – Nantasket Beach at the Mary Jeanette Murray Bathhouse
The splash will be immediately followed by “warm-up” parties at a nearby tavern in each community sponsored by our friends at Harpoon Brewery. Though we hope you will go “All the Way for Save the Harbor Save the Bay”, to participate you have to go in up to your knees, pledge to raise a minimum of $25, and pay a registration fee of $25. *If you register before March 1st the registration fee is $20. All proceeds go directly to support Save the Harbor and our local public beaches.
Our sponsors have donated some great prizes, including round-trip JetBlue Airways tickets* to any non-stop destination for the biggest fundraiser overall. To sweeten the deal – the top fundraiser from each beach will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of tickets as well. For those participants who raise $100 or more, you will be entered into a drawing to win a pair of tickets too!Creativity counts too!
Because we want you to have fun as well, we encourage everyone to dress up in their wildest “Cupid” costume. The best “Cupid” costume from each beach will also be entered into a drawing to win a pair of round-trip JetBlue Airways tickets* to any non-stop destination, as well as other gifts and swag!
The funds raised will support Save the Harbor / Save the Bay and free events and programs on our region’s great public beaches.All you have to do to take part is register on this website today. Then ask your friends for a small pledge. It is wonderful way to help a great cause – and your favorite beach. Our goal this year is $30,000 – let’s crush last year’s goal of $20,000!
See you on the beach on Saturday, March 24th – and thanks to all for your help and support.
To volunteer, or for more information, please contact Michelle Palermino at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 451-2860 x1008.
* A passenger using the Travel Certificate is solely responsible for any applicable fees taxes, surcharges, and/or service charges, including but not limited to Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9.00 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $2.50 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.70 per domestic segment (a segment is a takeoff and landing) and, in the case of international travel, government fees and taxes of up to $127.60 each way.
No person can win more than one pair of JetBlue Airline tickets.